Thursday, February 24, 2011

How can this be??

So I have been taking the public transportation route for a while and I have to say that for Olympia to have won some award for the best transit system is the biggest joke of the year.  The buses don't actually get you anywhere in any kind of reasonable time frame and none of the buses match up so on average you spend at least a half hour waiting for your next bus to come.  Nine times out of ten the bus your on will get there about 5 minutes after your connecting bus has left.  There are alot of people who ride the bus here so you would think that they would have a more functional system not to mention that its the capitol of our state.  The buses only run every half hour except for two buses that run every fifteen minutes so if you are going anywhere in lacey you should be on time but if your going anywhere else in Olympia you better plan on leaving at the least an hour early to account for the time you will spend waiting.  I have a problem with this system because I moved from Spokane and have to say that they have a very functional transit system.  I can go anywhere for two hours for one dollar, here you pay a dollar every time you get on a new bus.  What this means to me is that in Spokane I could go pick up my check, take a bus, go to the bank to cash it, take a bus, go shopping, take a bus, pay bills, take a bus and then home.  In spokane I can do all this for a dollar in a two hour time period.  Here I have to plan to be on the bus or waiting for the bus for hours, pay for a day pass when I don't need one, and then deal with the frustration of the bus schedules.  I wish that Olympia would take a hard look at the transit system here and have some realizations.

No comments:

Post a Comment